Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I'm currently visiting a friend vacation house and he

Customer Question

Hello, I'm currently visiting a friend vacation house and he has an old sylvania dvd vcr combo and the power button won't turn off and the number 4 is in all four corners of the screen with, what I'm assuming is an error code in the middle of the screen
BA6-0.30 54 (the number 54 in in a black box)
76
The model number is *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV? 8727DG is invalid number.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the model number on the back of the TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah the TV was unplugged all night long and I just plugged it in and it's doing to same thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea as to what's going on?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, it seems EEPROM (memory) chip failure in TV as this chip stores TV firmware data which has been corrupted that is why TV doesn't respond on remote commands nor it display menu etc. I'm really sorry for this news, it is hardware related failure and EEPROM chip or entire main board of TV will need to be replaced if still available with suppliers because looking at TV age it could be tough to procure it. TV back cover will be removed to access inside to get part number off of main board of TV and if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here. Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.