TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

This is ***** *****. I have an LG model 60PN5300-UF TV that

Customer Question
This is ***** *****....
This is ***** *****. I have an LG model 60PN5300-UF TV that keeps turning off. After a few minutes it comes back on and stays on for about 30 minutes and does the same thing. It seems that if I try to turn the volume DOWN, that will often cause it to turn off.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Started a month or so ago and has gotten worse. It seems heat related so I tried adding a small fan in the back (from a computer)...that didn't help. I recently took the entire back panel off and left it off and have been running it that way. But it still does it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
4/1/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand these symptoms point to a failing processor on the Mainboard of the TV. This board generates the turn on command to the set (so it is the only board in the TV that can actually cause the set to turn back ON), and it also processes the Volume control and the Input switching. Since you've already removed the back of the set to allow more airflow to the mainboard- and it still does it, the "fix" for this problem would ultimately be to replace the Mainboard in the set. It's the board that houses the AV Inputs on the TV.
I'm finding the part number for your main to be: LG EBT62394293 (EAX65071307(1.1))- but it is showing as out of stock through the vendors we commonly use. However you can try using that part number and searching Ebay, or other used/pulled parts sites for a replacement.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This all sounds logical, but how can I possibly rate your answer until I replace that board and see if it fixes it?
You can do whatever you'd like. I've been doing this on here for close to 8 years now and only answer what I'm sure on. The rating does not close the question, nor does it prevent you from responding back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When you contacted me, you said it was $18. Then when I went to pay it said $23. Then when I continued, it was actually $28. But worse than that, it looked like I might have actually signed up for some monthly subscription thing. I'm just a home owner, why would I need a monthly subscription to tv repair? I'm not comfortable with this whole process!
I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've ordered the part and will contact you if it doesn't fix it. If it does fix it, I'll thank you now. But you should know that the whole Justanswer website and process is confusing and purposely confusing and it's left me not knowing what I signed up for! Now I have to monitor my PayPal account to make sure I'm not subscribed to something I never wanted nor ever use. I was just looking for an answer to one question and paid at least $28 for it.
If it does fix it please do rate me positively as it is the only way I am credited for my time here- thank you. If it doesn't then simply reply back. With regards ***** ***** I will reiterate, I am a USER of the site as you are and have absolutely no control over billing, accounts, etc. If you have billing questions, I posted the link above for you to contact. I am not allowed to discuss your account with you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will rate you once I receive, install and verify that the part fixes the issue.
Okay, sounds good.
Aric, Technician