Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Samsung TV turend solid, and stays. None of the

Customer Question

Samsung TV turend solid green, and stays green. None of the commands/buttons on the TV remote or the TV work
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set? thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UN55HUF8550F

OK you say the remote wont work OR the buttons on the set so did the green and this happen at the same time?

Also how old is the set now please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TURNED THE TVON, AND IT WAS GREEN AND NONE OF THE BUTTONS ON THE REMOTE HAVE WORKED. HAVE TRIED TO TURN ON/ OFF THE TV FROM THE BUTTONS ON THE TV OR FROM THE REMOTE, EVEN THAT DOES NOT WORK. I HAVE TO PLUG/UNPLUG THE POWER CORD TO TURN ON/OFF THE TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SET IS 18 MONTHS OLD

The main-board has gone bad and will need to be replaced, do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all the necessary info for doing that I just need to know if you can do this and replace this plug in board, it will mean the back of the set coming off.

If you are not comfortable doing that then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, HOW MUCH DOES THA MAINBOARD COST? AND WHERE DO I BUY IT FROM? ALSO, PELASE SEND ME THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REPLACE THE MAIN BOARD, THANKS.

You hopefully have rebooted the set and any box you may be using unplugged from the wall waited 5 mins then replugged back in again?and you are referring to the TV remote that wont work the set?just to rule out any box issue

Let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I disconnected and connected back again. I have a Yamaha AV receiver, and cable box and apple TV are connected to that, and I use a universal remote. So, when I turn on the cable box using the universal remote, the sound plays but not the video on the TV - the TV remains solid green. If I try to do anything on the TV, it does not work because no buttons that control the TV work...

As a quick test to prove that if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control it should NOT come up

If so

You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the board with all the AV connectors on,now take the board out by unplugging it and unscrewing it from the chassis,look on the board for the part number this will be on a sticky label or etched on the board (you may need to try different codes on the board) then initially try www.shopjimmy.com, if they dont have it google the partnumber only, fitting is the reverse of taking out plug and play.Cost of board around $100

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you still need help with this please?

Anthony