Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My tv is in Key lock mode and I do not have the remote, I

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my tv is in Key lock mode and I do not have the remote
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a LG smart tv and I have tried to set it to work for a while now and it will not allow me to change the input. It keeps on saying key lock and no signal
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Unfortunately you would need LG TV remote to unlock the key mode. Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV to find out related remote for you?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LG 50pq28
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the unfortunate part is I don't have the remote
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Can you recheck TV model number?

LG 50pq28 seems incorrect/ incomplete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LG 50pq28-UA. AUSRLHR
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry but this model number doesn't show any thing when I search on LG database.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this help?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it helped a lot, thanks.

Remote control for LG 50PQ20 TV is available at following link..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LG-REMOTE-CONTROL-42PQ30-50PQ30-50PQ20-UA-42PQ20-UA-/310286243154

Please click the link to view the price and to order it. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You may please download TV user manual copy, if required, for info about how to unlock child-lock procedure..

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support-product/lg-50PQ20-UA

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.