TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Tanks Thanks in advance help, I have an lg tv model

Customer Question
Good day tanks Thanks...
Good day tanks Thanks in advance for your help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an lg tv model 42pt350r. I recently connect an eternal hard drive to my tv. And something went very wrong.... I am now left with only a pink screen and the remote doesn't work at all. After trying just about everything I discovered my other hard drive does work, so there is picture and sound. But I can't change the input back to pick up the Satelite decoder
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/28/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Shahid- in response to your questions.
I have disconnected all devices from the TV except the digital Satelite decoder.
The problem is the remote is not connecting so I am unable to change the input preference.
Eg changing to AV.

Thanks for the info, are you using LG TV remote or Satellite box remote to change the channel/ input source?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The normal lg remote. It seems to have completely lost connection to the tv.

OK, we need to check the remote infrared signals output which will help to determine is it remote problem OR remote sensor on TV is defective that made TV unresponsive for remote commands.

Please get any digital or cellphone camera, press any buttons on TV remote while watching remote front tip through camera (as camera can see infrared light), do you see flashing light on remote front tip?

If so that means remote is working and remote sensor on TV has got problem that is why TV doesn't get remote commands. At this point you may please use control buttons on TV itself to operate it, push Input button to change input source on TV. If problem still persist then unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset the TV, replug back in and press power button on remote or on TV itself to see if it works?

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Shahid
So I tested the remote. That seems to be working as I could see the flashing light.
I have already unplugged the tv, and left it off over night before plugging in again. However that has not made any difference.I have now again unplugged and waited, still no difference.
The input button, home button and Programme changing buttons on the tv control panel are non responsive.
Only the volume button and on/off button seem to be working.

OK, try to push bit harder the control buttons that should work for non responsive buttons as this type of tactical switch got corrosion on contacts after some time and pressing it a few time bit harder will help to get it working again.

Regarding remote function it is confirmed that remote sensor board inside TV will need to be replaced to resolve the problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician