Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My name is ***** *****. I have a Samsung plasma TV that has

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a Samsung plasma TV that has started losing the picture.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I turn on the TV, it starts up as usual, but after 2-3 minutes, it goes completely black I can turn it off and then back on and it will do the same thing. After I do this several times, it will stay on for many hours, until I turn it off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PN64E550 - Software version T-MST10PAUSC-1016.4
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Does the sound stay ON please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does.

During the tie its black if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, nothing will come up onscreen

OK there are a few things that can cause issues like this the first is scan board stoppage and that could be because the power-board is stopping producing the Vs and Va so the first checks are on the power-board visually and with a meter do you think you can do this work yourself?

Let me know please

Anthony

By the way i will provide all the necessary info for you to make visual checks and checks with a meter, ultimately it may be necessary to replace a board

Let me know please

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I had to get help to move the TV where I could work on it. I have a meter and will be able to troubleshoot, with your assistance.

OK just a few more things I need to know, can you see any light even feint light at all on the display?

If not get the back off the set and have a good look at the power-board if you can take a photo and upload it here that will help, use the paperclip on your toolbar

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no light at all, when it is in the failure state. I have attached a picture of the power board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the whole back-plane

OK the most suspect things here are the ribbon leads you see all those leads I have marked in red you need to remake them you simply take them out carefully and re-insert this breaks up any oxidized contacts on the pins

http://snag.gy/KvVv5.jpg <<click

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I re-seated all of the ribbons marked in the picture, but it did not solve the problem. I examined them when I took them out and they appeared clean, as far as I could tell.What next?

You may now need to replace the Y sus board do you think you can do that?the Y sus is the board on the left, theree the buffers with all the ribbon and postage stamp chips on then to the right of those is the Y sus you need to get it out find the part-number on the board then try www.shopjimmy.com for the board

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced both Y sus boards and the problem still remains. What next?

OK during the time it is black can you see any visible light at all on the display even feint light?if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up, when the set is black if you bang or knock the back of the set sharply does the pic come back on again?