TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a TH-42PZ85U plasma tv and I wish to attach my (IBM

Customer Question
style) computer and use the...
I have a TH-42PZ85U plasma tv and I wish to attach my (IBM style) computer and use the screen as a monitor to view internet.
Thank You
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/24/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this

Are we talking about a laptop or desktop type of PC ?

Does it have a HDMI output ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a desktop and there is a HDMI connection on the TV but not the computer

No problem then do you have a VGA out port on that laptop and also a vga cable ?

O.K then let me upload a picture

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great

This is where your PC will connect and if you happen to have a 3.5 MM to 3.5 MM (mini headphone plug) cable then you can get the sound as well out of the tv .

click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The picture is behind that .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68u8e1lula1mflz/2016-03-24_2004.png?dl=0

Once that is done press the TV/VIDEO button on the TV's remote and select PC

By the way , you may have to reboot your pc with the cable plugged in or simply close the lid , this will force the signal out to the tv

Also on your pc you can right mouse click on the desktop > select screen resolution > look at "multiple display " drop down list > extend or duplicate

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Still have questions on this ?

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician