Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
14666028

Can anyone inform me as to how I can vertically flip the

Customer Question

Can anyone inform me as to how I can vertically flip the image on a model HL-r4266wax TV. A new digital/analog module was installed and now the image is upside down. Thanks. Mike
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Can you access to service menu of TV now?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, turn Off the TV to put it in standby mode. Press Mute-1-8-2-Power buttons on TV remote to get into service mode.

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this multiple times with no luck
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Are you trying it with Samsung TV remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I even have a downloaded manual. No luck
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

This is odd, unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and try again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately that did not work. I tried several times. Here is something u should know. The original TV is model # ***** which was made in 2005 add is a 56 in model. The digital to analog board went out and a friend had a 42 in version made that same year with a bad color wheel. I used his digital to analog module in the 56 in TV. The TV now seems to work fine except for the image being upside down. This is frustrating
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas why TV isn't going into service mode, let me repost this question so other experts can have a look, hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the effort Shahid
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

One more thing came to my mind, put TV into standby mode, press Info-Menu-Mute-Power on TV remote.

Does it help to get service menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to clarify one thing is standby the power button ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Just turn Off the TV by pressing power button on remote (do not unplug TV power cord) to get it in standby mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what I have been doing I was hoping I was missing something. Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so no luck with Mute-1-8-2-Power or Info-Menu-Mute-Power ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. I was hoping !!!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, let me repost the question for other experts, I'm opting out now.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the effort again
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Do the mute, 1, 8, 2 and power button work on their own in normal (inverted) TV operation? Also try different delay (always the same delay between each button in a sequence) as you may push them too slow or too fast.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That worked. The only thing i did different was press the buttons in a very fast sequence. And bingo. Thanks guys. We r all good
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure. I assume you are OK figuring the last steps. Be sure to not change any other things than you need as this may render the screen unviewable. Don't forget to rate me :)