Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My name is ***** ***** I am tring to scan on my vizio tv

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** I am tring to scan for channels on my vizio tv without a remote
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought an indoor antenna just wanted to get local tv channels
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the complete model number of the tv.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its E55OVL
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

You really need the proper remote to access the necessary functions.

You can TRY using the side panel buttons, but you likely won't be able to fully navigate the menu.

First, you need the input mode set to TV (not hdmi, etc).

Then press the MENU button to get to menu, and you'll then use the channel and volume buttons to move through the menu.

Get to the Initial Setup section of the menu, and then you'll see channels. Make sure the mode is on air/antenna (not cable) and then you can find the auto scan (channel scan/program) function from there.

If you can't get there with those buttons, your only option will be to buy a replacement remote: http://amzn.to/1ShRc32

The remote is under $10 online, and you're better off having it anyway as you'd need that remote to change channels and volume anyway (without having to get up and walk to the tv each time).

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this?