TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Center of my 52 in Model # HD-52Z575JVC D-ILA TV screen went

Customer Question
My name is***** center of...
My name is***** center of my 52 in Model # ***** D-ILA TV screen went black and I can see and hear the program playing behind the black 'cover' . I know the cable is working, because I still get the channel display on the screen.. just the picture block ed as if someone placed a black cloth over it to cover the center of the screen. 6 inches showing on both sides of the screen cover.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the set was working fine 25 minutes ago... now the center of the screen is black
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/22/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you see the on screen setup menu?

What I mean is can you see that across the full screen, or is it obscured/hidden in the center by that black spot also?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can take a pi

You may if you'd like, but if you can tell me if the menu is affected by the spot, that is all I really need.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The menu shows...the black is behind i ca send a pic if you likr
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Menu is not affected
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can see it just fine

Yes please do send a photo if possible then

Since photo is not affected, what is? Cable/satellite? dvd?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
An oddity, for sure...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sent pic min

I don't see it, you need to use the paprclip icon in the chat here, or put it on any file share site and then give me the link

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I used the add file

Okay you have to then hit upload and then send, I don't see anything here yet though.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is late,I am going to bed, thank you for your service

No problem, you can get back in touch with me here tomorrow or whenever convenient for you.

Do you need more help with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
your service lacks the professional information that I paid for. I am glad you got paid for your "time", but your expertise was totally lacking and I will never use JustAnswer again....I will have better luck elsewhere... and my spouse actually fixed the problem without your help.... There is not a "NO" button for the "Offer"... Sucks... this service is a good concept, just lacking the professional help advertised.

Actually I've received no credit for my time.

I am still available and willing to help you, but I was awaiting additional information and responses from you to do so, and to continue the conversation. I cannot provide a complete answer without complete and detailed information.

If you need further help, I'm happy to assist.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Installer