TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 1993 Model AVM 2653 TV and had to replace the

Customer Question
remote, but when I received...
I have a 1993 Model AVM 2653 TV and had to replace the remote, but when I received the remote a couple of days ago, it wouldn't turn the TV on, so I had to use the TV power switch, but once it was on I could move the channel and the volume up and down with the new remote, but I have a Charter Comm TV box and you have to have the TV on CH 3, as the default channel, to change channels with the Charter remote. The problem occurred when I inadvertently hit the up channel on the TV when I was turning the TV off, and the TV went to CH 4, I then hit the down channel button with the Sanyo remote and the TV went to CH 2, I tried it again both ways and it wouldn't go to CH 3, and the other channels only showed a streaked screen, I even did it with the TV up and down control switches with the same result. I tried going to CH 3 with the Charter remote but it didn't work either, so I disconnected the cable from the TV and tried the Sanyo remote again, and got the same results, so how do I get the TV back to CH 3, the default channel, to be able to switch channels with the Charter remote, please advise, thank you.
John Dean ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/21/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem.

D you say that the TV's own remote does work when the tv is turned on ?

Sorry for the typo "Did you say.... "

Louie, Technician