TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 8 year old Mitsubishi LT 52246 LCD TV started to turn

Customer Question
my 8 year old...
my 8 year old Mitsubishi LT 52246 LCD TV started to turn itself off then on and off again. I unplugged it and turned it back on and it ran for a while then shut itself off again. Next day same thing. Later next day doesn't even turn on but there is power - there's a blue light that comes on when TV is on. Tried the reset button but it was somewhat depressed already. Pushed it down with a pen, No luck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like what.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/21/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

From your description it certainly sounds like you have a defective power board first and a remote possibility that the main board is the culprit .

In any case these boards are not very expensive and you can buy both for under $100 if you are into repairing this yourself

here is the main board , a bit higher than predicted but still cheap ; http://www.tvpartsbay.com/934c290005-mitsubishi-main-board/

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 to parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

By the way , about those boards ;

You do not require any special tools , just a philips screwdriver to remove the cover then a few more screws and plugs .

This is Plug&lay , no solder or adjustments so if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver you can do this yourself

I can tell that you saw my last reply so If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thanks for understanding .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician