Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Shahid- I was just on with you. My samsung tv had lines that

Customer Question

Shahid- I was just on with you. My samsung tv had white lines that came out. It was good for about 15 mins, but now they are back
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that, please press menu button on TV or its remote to get menu screen, do the lines over the menu graphics?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we turned off the tv the lines went away. they have not come back yet- but I'm pretty sure they will
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please turn On the TV for menu test and reply back with the result to proceed.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had changed the setting from Dynamic to custom this morning. Do you think that has anything to do with it? That's when the lines appeared
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the lines appear over the graphics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it could be cause of lines so please try Dynamic setting to see if it has any affect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on Dymanic setting- still lines
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm here and working on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Can you please take a picture of TV screen and upload it here (click add-file link below the box where you type the reply to attach picture file) so I can view the lines which will help to diagnose the problem bit quickly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did the picture come through?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Got it, thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

As I mentioned it seems problem with DMD board where DLP chip is mounted which generates an image that projected on TV front screen. DMD board would be located at lower center of rear of TV, needs to remove lower back cover and find a cooling fan and DMD board is behind that fan. Please click following link to view DMD board image which will help to locate it in TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=HL-R5667W

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you think this need to be replaced?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, first I would replug the connectors on DMD board to refresh the connections to see if it helps and if problem persist then replacement of DMD board will help to resolve the problem.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok- we are taking off now
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, wish you good luck!

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.