Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Sharp Aquos TV, model LC-60LE660U. It will turn on,

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I have a Sharp Aquos TV, model LC-60LE660U. It will turn on, but only to show the "SHARP" on the screen, and then continues to recycle from dark screen to "SHARP" screen; AND the only way I can turn it off is to unplug it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It doesn't respond to the remote or buttons on the side once I turn it on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

The lights in the front of the set are they blinking?short and long blinks please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its as if the TV is cycling off and then on; but it never completely comes on....it just shows the "SHARP" sign and then goes thru the cycle again.

OK please count the long and short blinks please like 4 short 3 long as an example before it repeats again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light comes on solid for about 6 seconds (coinciding with "SHARP" showing), and then goes off for about 1-2 seconds and then back on for 6 seconds with "SHARP" showing.

You have a problem with likely the mainboard in the set it will need to be replaced it looks like the set is not fully booting if you think you can do this work yourself I will be happy to help you with that providing all the necessary info, if you do not feel comfortable doing that you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

I am sorry this is not something easier if you need more help or further clarification please let me know thank you

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS

Many Thanks

Anthony

Hi

I am just following up on what we discussed do you want to move forwards with this please?

Please note I do not receive anything from the site until you rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar usually at the top of the page,note the question remains OPEN ALWAYS

Thanks again

Anthony