TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Tv will not come on, button comes on and after a couple of

Customer Question
tv will not come on,green...
tv will not come on,green button comes on and after a couple of minutes turn red
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/18/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WD-60638 ,serial number-117145,about 5 years ,replaced bulb last year

Exactly where did you buy the lamp and exactly how much did it cost?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ordered from mitsubishi,don't remember price

AFTER the tv shuts off, is the LED on the front solid RED or blinking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
solid red
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
green light is staying on longer now

Solid red is indeed lamp failure. You will need to get a new lamp. I strongly suggest you get the new lamp directly from Mitsubishi. There are many low cost versions but all of them are junk.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how much?

​buy from Mitsubishi $118:

https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Products/PartsForModel/WD-60638

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how much for lamp

buy from Mitsubishi $118:

Thank you,

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need assistance, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician