TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Sony VAIO (Model No. VGN CS320 J/P) randomly shuts down

Customer Question
every 6-9 hours....
My Sony VAIO (Model No. VGN CS320 J/P) randomly shuts down every 6-9 hours. Problem started March 11. Please advise. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/17/2016
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

When the TV shuts down, is all power lost? Do you see any of the LEDS showing at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All power is lost. I have to restart my laptop again. It will run for two/three hours before shutting off again.

ok, but does it shut down normally? Or it just goes off in an instant?

And which version of windows are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It goes off in an instant. Version -Vista

Thanks

It is not a software issue then Marilyn, its the mainboard and will be either the onboard power supply or the voltage regulator. This is why it goes off instantly and will be related to when the Laptop warms up, which is why it goes for some time then shuts off again.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Laptop to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your help/

Your most welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Technician