TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I just purchased a LED j6200 60" Samsung TV. I have Charter

Customer Question
I just purchased a LED...
I just purchased a LED j6200 60" Samsung TV. I have Charter Cable and want to find out how I can get the channels changed with the Samsung controller without using the TV changer provided by Charter cable. I also have HW-JM45C speakers and could use help trying to eliminate 3 changers. Do you have a service company who could set up my DVD and VCR Players to work with your changers?
Bob Cartmell
1(###) ###-####***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/15/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand, you're not going to be able to use the Samsung remote (this is the same for most all TV manufacturers as well) to change channels since the channel changing occurs within the Charter box. The native TV remote can't be programmed to operate a cable box. The best you can do is get "basic" functionality of the TV using the Charter remote (On/Off, Volume and Input). However this won't help with the Samsung speakers, and you would still need to use a second remote for that.

What I would propose- and this is what I setup for ALL of my clients (as I am a Home Theater/AV integrator), is a fully functional universal remote that would take the place of ALL three remotes you currently have. The remote I would recommend is the Logitech Harmony- which is as easy of a setup as you can ask for.

The remote comes with an instruction booklet, and a cable that plugs into your computer. You go to the website the manual tells you to and then simply follow the instructions on the screen (it will actually ask you to select what TV, cable box and sound system you have- from drop down boxes), and then once you tell it what you have, you will simply hit "SYNC" and the remote will automatically program itself to your system and you can put all of the other three remotes away.

This remote is available at Radio Shack and Best Buy, or also can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-remote-650?crid=60

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Let me know if you need further assistance once you're able to see my reply.

Aric, Technician