Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I had a code 66 mitsubishi wd73c9. I replaced the ballast

Customer Question

I had a code 66 for my mitsubishi wd73c9. I replaced the ballast and I am now receiving a code 57
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Had a code 66, rplaced the ballast, and I am now receiving a code57
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: It is a mitsubishi wd73c9
JA: Our top TV Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the TV Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the TV Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Code 57 indicates ballast board is bad or any connector on ballast board or on main board or power board is unplugged. Please recheck connectors that were removed for ballast board replacement and turn On the TV.

If problem persist then put old ballast board in TV as a test to see if you still get code 57 or TV reverts to code 66?

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.