Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a vizio TV it's saying I need to update a firmware

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a vizio TV it's saying I need to update a firmware version 3.12.17 it starts to download it stops at 37 %
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can only see half a picture because the notice to update is covering up the other half the last version says 3.12.16 its a 50 inch maybe 2 or 3 yrs old model M3D550SR
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No it was working fine I called vizio they said I'll need a tech to come out to do it I saw that there's a USB port it said on Google you could download the software and install but can't find the version
JA: Our top TV Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the TV Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the TV Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

The upgrade has got corrupt I am afraid you could try and do the upgrade again but in my experience when this happens only solution is to replace the main-board do you think you can do that (if necessary)?

I will provide all the info you need for that

Anthony