TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

We just purchased a new Sony bluray player model

Customer Question
Hello, we just purchased a...
Hello, we just purchased a new Sony bluray player model #BDV-E6100/BDV-E4100/BDV-E3100/BDV-E2100. We had no problem hooking it up and the picture and sound are excellent. However, I'm having a problem setting the picture ratio to 16.9 widescreen. Most of my movie and shows are widescreen but they appear full screen. I went through the steps in the manual on page 46, but nothing changed, still no 16.9 widescreen. On our old Sony bluray player I could adjust the aspect ratio with my tv remote, this doesn't work with this one. I am at a loss and would appreciate your help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
3/12/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

You will need to ensure the correct widescreen aspect ratio is set on both the BluRay player and on the TV using the respective remote controls for each device.

If you arae having any difficulty with this, please let me know the model number of the TV so I can provide further instructions.

Best,

Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for responding, but I had figured it out already.

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,

Pete.

Pete, Electronic Engineer