Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Sharp flat screen tv model # LC52LE810UN. Sometimes

Customer Question

I have a Sharp flat screen tv model # ***** Sometimes comes on just fine, other times only get blue screen - sometimes with sometimes without sound. Have replaced the cable box, same result. Any ideas? Cliff
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Cliff.

Have you tried replacing the cable from the cable box to the TV to rule this out as causing he issue, as these symptoms can come from a faulting cable.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. There are several cables.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, but there will only be one cable going from the cable box to the TV, can you locate this please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not looking at the tv now. at my office, but I know there are 5 cables connecting the Uverse box to the back of the tv
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, well thats likely the issue, you just need to connect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the Cable box to the one on the TV.

This is the standard connection, and if you did multiple connections, this can cause the issues you are describing, so we want to rule this out as the first step.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been working this way for about 4-5 years
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Yes you replaced the cable box so changes have been made, but no problem Cliff, Im going to opt out of working with you further on this question. If I cannot have you do the basic checks of the cable, then I am not going to proceed on this in the event I cannot get you to do any other checks I am going to ask for.

You do not need to do anything, you will be notified when another expert takes over the case.

Thanks

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello Cliff, My name is ***** ***** I'm a different expert here. The 5 cables are likely "component video" cables (red,blue,green,red and white RCA style) and those would not be the cause of the problem. Either the TV's Mainboard (the board that processes the external signal), or the signal coming to the cable box from the street is the issue.

The way we need to conclude what is the root cause of the issue is to connect a different device (such as a DVD player) using those component cables and see if the blue screen still randomly occurs. If it does, then the TV's Mainboard is failing (which is not uncommon on these set after a few years) and it would need to be replaced. That is something I can help you with as well. Let me know what you find and we can proceed.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I am not happy with your service. Please make sure that I am not charged and cancel any further fees.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***

I am opting out of the dialog and am no longer involved here.