Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 58" Cinemawide 3D TV, have had it about 3 years. It

Customer Question

I have a 58" Cinemawide 3D TV, have had it about 3 years. It just started intermittently turning itself off. I have the audio set to PCM.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Larry.

Is the issue that the sound is cutting out?

Or the tv is physically shutting itself down? Does it come back on by itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The picture shuts off but the sound is still on. This has been a reported problem with Vizio TV's as there is alot of discussion on the internet about them. One of the resolutions was to go into Setup and change the Audio to PCM. Something about the TV going from a blacklit background to rapid movement and the TV receiving an unmonitored error message which shuts down the TV picture.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

What is the complete model number?

This has nothing at all to do with the audio settings, there is a lot of bad/misleading information online and this is one of those cases.

When the picture goes out, can you hold a flashlight to the screen and tell me if you're still able to make out the picture that way at all?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with this?