Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Sony tv Bravia that it shows is connected to the

Customer Question

Hi I have a Sony tv Bravia that it shows is connected to the Internet but will not refresh Internet content ..
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Shows configuration fail while acquiring Internet content 5008
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, What is the full model number off of the back of the Sony Bravia please, and how long have you owned it for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model. KDL.55HX750.
Serial. (###) ###-####I purchase it about2 1/2 to 3 years ago
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Taking a look now.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, this message indicates that the TV has lost it's internet connection. Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, unplug from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Wait a minute, then plug the set back in and turn it on.

2) With the TV ON, reboot your router by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Once it reboots it will dole out a fresh IP address to the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Then see if the TV will connect. If not, then we will need to reset the TV to factory defaults, then run a fresh internet setup of the TV. Let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?