TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My name is ***** *****. I ahve a, My name is ***** *****. I…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. I ahve a

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My name is ***** *****. I have a Samsung Ln40B530P7n LCD TV. It sat next to a very hot fire and the bottom of plastic covers melted and TV stopped working. The wiring harness from tuner/logic board to the remote sensor got trashed. The wire insulation melted and wires all shorted together. I rebuilt the wire harness and cleaned all the PCBs -- they were black with carbon soot etc. The TV now is functioning with audio but no picture. I can change channels, volume control works, tuner is working. All voltages 5.1v, 13vs, 13vm are present but not 2100v to the backlight.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
What is going on here? I started to ask a question and it got interrupted
I have not finished asking my question
Above it says deposit is $18 but the page I was directed to quoted a different price. This is very confusing.
Is anyone there?
3/9/2016
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the backlight voltage is missing either

A. something is shorting it and causing the power supply to shut down that voltage for safety, or

B. the power supply is defective, and needs replacing.

To find out whether it is A. that is the case, try disconnecting all loads from the backlight voltage, and see if it springs up again. If not, then (B) is the case most likely. (In which case check all fuses in the power supply before replacing it as a whole.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.

I already knew this and stated so in my follow up and more complete reply before you answered. Now one would respond to my request to talk to me, In fact, from what I know is if all loads are disconnected from the high voltage, the supply will sense this and shut down so that is not a test that will work and yield any information. I was trying asking you for a schematic diagram of the supply so I could intelligently trouble shoot the problem but you and your site kept ignoring my attempts to ask. This service is not any good. I was interrupted while writing my original question to supply credit card information before I finished posing my question. I give this site a failing grade for usefulness.
This site needs to provide a better user interface and quit interrupting a potential client in the middle of his asking a question demanding money before he finishes typing in his question.George Hnatiuk
I am looking for a schematic diagram for the power supply and back light circuitry and never got an answer as to whether orIn light of the problem I have had trying to communicate with your techs, I feel ALL of my money should be refunded. This has been a waste of my time.
George

I saw no request about a schematic.

So I did not try to provide one.

If you were interrupted by anything whatever, I assure you I have no power over such matters and had no hand in design and presentation of this site.

I have Opted Out of this case. Thanks.

Russell,I do not blame you. The user interface of this site is very poor at best. It keeps demanding for money before one has a chance to completely pose a question. Very Very poor design. I will never use it again.George
Russell H., Service Tech