TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I've looked on line and been told alot about the capacitor's…

Customer Question
I've looked on line and...
I've looked on line and been told alot about the capacitor's going bad on TV computer board. So, the TV won't come on and there's a click noise. My capacitor's look fine, but the clicking noise is coming from a little square box, with these marking in it (5A250V, S/100A 250V, LKS1aF-12V, ALKS321,TV5 60422Q. The cover came off, and I think it's a relay? Got a little metal arm, and when u turn power on, it makes a click noise, arm shuts and no power. Theres more of these relays, and thier not doing the clicking noise or arm shutting. I have a sharp TV with the same problem.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/8/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please confirm the model number written on back of TV? WD-57731 is mentioned in question.

Thanks.

the model number is *****

Thanks for the info.

- There are three LED indicator lights on TV front, what they do when TV refuse to turn ON?

Do you get any LED light solid or blinking?

The green lite under the word timer, was flashing first, then the yellow light flashing under the word lamp. There's a lamp bulb in it now, that was replaced.

Thanks for the info, flashing green timer light is normal and indicate TV is booting up.

Flashing yellow lamp light is an error code that tells lamp cover switch is open so please place the lamp cover back on TV securely and tight the screw so it will engage lamp cover sensor switch mounted inside and turn On the TV.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

The light is a box size of my hand, it's all one unit, with a handle, u push in and tightin the 2 screws that come inside the light ox frame. It's in and tightened already.

Lamp cover is plastic thing that you removed as first thing off of TV to take out the old lamp.

Cover is on

OK, is screw tight on it?

Turn On the TV and again check LED lights, still lamp light blinking in yellow?

The lights are doing the same thing and that part still clicking shut, that relay.

Relay clicking is because TV goes to protection mode and lights on TV front indicate reason of protection mode/ error code.

Please reinstall the lamp in TV and put the cover on TV securely as yellow flashing lamp light is telling lamp installation issue.

Cover is on, no flashing yellow anymore. That relay clicks, timer light flashes for 20sec and that's it. No power, cause relay clicked?
I looked at the capacitors and that aren't bubbled, warped, or leaking and look fine.
The TV still doesn't work. No more yellow flashing light, but that relay still clicks, and green light flashes, over timer word and goes out. TV still doesn't turn on.
The u turn power on, relay clicks shut on computer board, then no power, nothing. The green light flashes above the word timer on the TV lower right, then no light on power, timer, anything.

Sorry for delayed reply, I went offline.

- Where did you buy the replacement lamp from and how much it have cost?

I guess lamp would be from amazon or ebay for $40-50 ?

Yah, ordered bulb online. Other bulb doesn't work either and there isn't broken glass. Looks like both bulbs are good. Yellow light isn't flashing for bulb anymore. U plug TV in, the relay clicks shut, and no power. The green light flickers under the timer word on front, for 10 to 20 sec, and the light stops blinking. There's videos on line that show how to replace the capacitor's ect. I was trying u guys, to see if I could pinpoint problem and not have to do all this guessing. I'll have to get my voltmeter, put some time aside and figure this out. Capacitors and such aren't that much, as so cost won't hurt, just time. I know it's the capacitor or power supply most likely. I was just hoping u guys could help me out, to find problem?
I mean both bulbs look fine, no broken glass, burnt out or nothing.

It could be some thing else instead of capacitors so lets make it sure what we find out in TV, we need to get error code from TV so please follow the below mentioned steps to get error code..

Turn On TV, let green light blink and wait till TV shut down, now press Input and Menu buttons on TV front at the same time and hold for 5 seconds, this will activate the error code mode in TV and timer light will start flashing a two digit error code pattern.

For example; if error code is 2-3, light will flash 2 times, pauses and then flash 3 times.

Do you get any error code?

I did what u said, I pushed input and menu button. I got one flash then two flashes.
a 1 and a2?
1 and a 2?
Sorry, I'm disabled veteran, sorry for my lapses in time on questions.

OK, so error code is 12 that means no problem in TV and mostly this error code comes up due to bad power supply board or main board. If output volts such as 12V etc are fine on power supply board then need to replace main board of TV which will help to resolve the problem. Since TV is bit old model so it would be tough to get required replacement board, however, search/ google it to get price and stock info to order the required board.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.