TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have vizio E600i-b3 abt 1.5 yrs old and it keeps turning…

Customer Question
I have vizio E600i-b3 abt...
I have vizio E600i-b3 abt 1.5 yrs old and it keeps turning off by itself and now it does not turn on. I called vizio and they said probably power supply is bad. I opened the TV and took out power supply board and it looks good. no burn marks or smell. all contacts look good. i do not have any way to test if this board is good or not. Could you pl help me identify if board is bad before order. part #09-60cap030-00. tks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Is there any power-light lit or blinking please on the front of the set?

Anthony

no.
there was no power on light. I have removed the power supply board

Hello

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

Please make sure you are right about no power-light it ay mean putting power-board back in

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

I have taken the board out but I do not have a meter. so i will order a new board.
Can i pay you the balance after it works?

Hello

No please do NOT do that just yet I need to chat with you about what this problem may be

Let me know when you are here

ok i already oedered the part now. i thought you said the board may be bad
i wil let you know when i installl new board an i hope it works
in case this window closes due restart of computer how can i get back to this window chat
I just got email from you. I wil reply to your email in case we loose chat session.
I will be out for couple of hours. tks

No I said right now its looking lie power but you see I need you to reply to that so we can move on a couple of checks are needed with a meter before condemning the power-board

Let me know anyhow

Anthony

sorry I told you i dont have a meter

OK you have ordered the power so see how that goes then get back to me if necessary, just so you understand the mainboard can also give the same symptoms as this so ideally it needs to be checked with a meter its simply one voltage check

Let me know how you get on with the powerboard

Anthony