TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Panasonic TC-50PU54 buzzes loudly and has audio, but no

Customer Question
picture. I believe that I...
My Panasonic TC-50PU54 buzzes loudly and has audio, but no picture. I believe that I have done enough troubleshooting to determine that the problem does not come from the cable connection. The TV makes the buzzing noise even when the cable input cable is completely disconnected from the set.
The volume of the buzz is not affected by the volume control on the set.
I have disconnected the TV from other sources of input (the DVD and VCR players). When the TV is isolated, the loud buzz remains.
I unplugged the set overnight and plugged it back in. That did not help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Have you rebooted the set please?disconnected it from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again?let me know if there is any change with that

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did that several times, with no change.

OK its very likely that one of the scan boards that drives the display is bad, now let me tell you what happens now, if you are practical then you may be able to repair this yourself what I mean by practical is being able to use small tools and a meter to determine which board is bad, is this something you would be comfortable with?

If not then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I might be able to work on the TV, but I am not strong enough to take it down.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are we finished, then?

I understand these plasma sets are heavy, let me know which way you want to go with it just to summarize....

The set will need a board cost of board(s) will be around $150, a tech would charge $300

I am sorry this is not something easier

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you still require anymore help with this please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dear *****,
I included the fact that I had already unplugged the set and left it that way over night in my original text. I contacted you to see if there was something else that I could do to troubleshoot the problem. I did not realize that I would have to open the set to do more troubleshooting. I guess that having to pay $38.00 to learn that I need to use a technician is fair, but, to be honest, I feel ripped off. I already knew that I might have to call a technician -- just wanted to know if there was something external that I hadn't tried. Paying that much money for a few seconds of advice seems excessive. What do you think?

You do not have to call a tech if you can do the work yourself?you just said you could do that but the set is too heavy to get down?

There are no magical solutions I can only convey to you the way it is the work that needs to be done costs etc

It wont be a few seconds of advice if you or someone you know can do the work in any case many people are happy to know where they stand with then set in many cases

I only receive credit when you rate the answer positively I know this is not what you want to hear however for a tech to cometo your home and convey the same info will cost $100

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know that you would have walked me through it for the $38.00, and that would have been wonderful. I am just sad that I had to pay what I would have had to pay for all of your help, when all I really gained from the experience was learning that I would not be able to follow your instructions.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know how to rate your help, when I was unable to use it. I do not want to give you a bad rating, because you have not given me bad service. I cannot give you a good rating, because I do not know what would have happened if I would have followed your instructions. If I can get someone to take the TV down, can I contact you later? Or does this expire?

I understand.

No the question NEVER expires just bookmark this page have had visitors back 2 years later

Anthoy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great. Thank you so much!

The support is on going indefinetly

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to go now. Thank you so much for your help.

taken a stage at a time until a conclusion or resolution is found

OK

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician