TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Pioneer PDP 5060 HD that won't communicate with the…

Customer Question
I have a Pioneer PDP...
I have a Pioneer PDP 5060 HD that won't communicate with the Direct Tv reciever through the hdmi cable. It is not the Direct TV reciever as I have tried it in another room. The Pioneer was working in every other was before switching to Direct Tv a week ago. Does the Pioneer hdmi ports go bad if they have never been used. thks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/7/2016
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

The HDMI ports can go bad, but its rare and not from never being used.

To check, when you connect the direct TV to a HDMI port, your switching the Source on the TV to the HDMI port?

eg: If your connecting direct TV to the HDMI port 1 on the TV, you switch the source on the TV until you cycle to HDMI 1?

As you may not be on the correct source.

Please let me know.