TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Vizio M221NV HDTV, unable to turn on with 3

Customer Question
different Vizio remotes, Vizio on...
I have a Vizio M221NV HDTV, unable to turn on with 3 different Vizio remotes, Vizio on the TV lights up Orange and flashes then turns solid orange. Will not turn on. I can push the manual button and the orange Vizio changes from orange to white and after a while what resemble a chevron comes on the screen then disappears and I get "No signal" sign.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Its likely a signal issue

If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the picture

Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with this post thanks again.

Regards

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would a software issue stop the TV from turning on and if it will how do I correct this problem?

Have you rebooted the box like I described above?

The set has lost signals it wont do anything with no signals

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It should still turn on but I have a black screen, no snow

Does the menu come up?sets OWN menu?you did say yes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have a box

OK but does the menu come up?

So you press the menu button of the sets own remote it either comes up or it does not please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I push the manual button in after I turned the set on with the manual button, yes a very short menu comes up.

You must follow what I say no matter what you may think yourself you are my eyes and ears so I use a procedure to diagnose what issue you have

NO THE MENU BUTTON not manual the MENU button of the sets own remote yes or no

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Menu button comes up

You said you are seeing a no signal banner so I need to know if the sets own menu comes up on the screen like brightness color etc

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can get a very short menu to appear if I push the manual button which is like a thumb wheel. I get choice of TV, HDMI and a couple others, Exit, Power off and so on.

How are you watching TV services?is it through an antenna?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It also gave me a choice of Input, cable etc. I have cable and five other TV set which are working.

Is it cable from a box or straight from the wall?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Straight from the wall. I currently have another TV setting where the M221NV was and it works just fine so it's not the cable signal.

You have lost the signal for the set if its cable from the wall you will need to re-tune the set and let me know if the set finds any cable channels, can you do that?do you know how to do that?

If its a box its a different set up

Please understand the way I see it the TV is NOT broke its simply lost its signal

Please read all I have said above additionally it does not matter that the other sets are working we need to follow a procedure of checks beginning with tuning in case the set has lost its memory

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Even if it's lost its signal it should still turn on using a remote. It has power and the lights inside are on but the set does not turn on.

The set IS ON because it says NO SIGNAL on the front does it not??

So it must be ON

This is becoming labored,,, please understand if you see a message on the front of the set saying no signal the set is in the ON mode its telling you it has NO SIGNAL

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It only says "NO SIGNAL' after I turn the set on with the manual button. Nothing happens when I use a remote

Forget about the Tv remote for now the set is ON but it has no signal so is it cable straight or from a box?

Your following your own agenda but I can tell you if you do that we will be here all day and I haven't got all day so please reply back with what I ask thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The set does not turn on, as I said previously it only turns on using the manual button and the cable does not have a box it's straight out of the wall. I don't think this is going anywhere.

goodbye

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician