TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My cable is plugged in to HMDI 1, but every so often the…

Customer Question
my cable is plugged in...
my cable is plugged in to HMDI 1, but every so often the picture goes out and comes back. Then HMDI pops up. HMDI 2 stopped working. Why does this flashing picture happen?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/7/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Thomas.

What is the complete model number of the tv?
The issue could be an internal tv hardware issue (bad/failing main board), which would explain hdmi2 no longer working. It could also be from a bad cable or faulty cable box.

Initially, please unplug power to your cable box for 60 seconds to reboot and let me know if that helps, as well as the tv model.

model# *****

Thank you. Did you reboot the box?

And presumably no change?
Can you test another device (dvd player, game, etc) on the same hdmi1 port to see if it blacks out periodically too?