TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an early HD TV with no model number or serial number…

Customer Question
I have an early HD...
I have an early HD TV with no model number or serial number on it - can you help determine the model number so I can set up my harmony remote? It is 42" and says "TRUE MOTION", "240Hz", and "HIGH FRAME RATE" on a silver panel at the bottom under the Vizio logo. Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/7/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

It is not possible to work out the model number from your descriptions.

Is there a model number or any other information on the rear of the TV?

If you can get the part number of the main board inside the TV I can give you the model number.

No there are no model numbers on the set at all, as this was an early model used to demo blu-ray devices at CES and thus was not purchased via normal retail channels.I was able to do a google search for images of vizio tv models and locate a picture of the TV that way and get the model number from there. So I'm all set and there's no need for you to keep looking... thanks though.

Ok, glad to hear you got sorted!

Have a great day :)

Pete.

Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?

Don't forget to rate my help...

Thanks!

Pete.