TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I got a line down the middle of my TV

Customer Question
I got a line down the middle of my TV
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/6/2016
TV Technician: Steven, Technician replied 2 years ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, my name is***** understand you have a line down the middle of your TV screen, most of the time this is a defect in the screen and is not cost effective to repair? does the line go completely from top to bottom? is it very thin and look like you could have drown it down the screen with a straight edge and a marker?

It goes from top to bottom. I got the TV from sam club It has a warinty on it for a year.

Okay, is it very thin like it was drawn with a marker or pen? Also what is the complete model number?

un58h5202 and it is a thin line from tp down.
top

Their is more to the model number, look on the side of the unit for a service code? and version number?

un58h5202afxza-los1

thank you i will with you in just a bit.

i am going to look up the part number of the screen how old is the TV?

Sorry lost inter net.. model # ***** the only other is oso1
lso1

Thank you and is this TV over 1 year old?

no got it 6mo if that
You there???

The problem is the LCD panel (screen) is defective here is the part number and link to the part, this is something that will have to be repair under Samsung's warranty. Click here

The cost of the screen as an out of warranty would not be cost effective but because you are under warranty it should be covered as long as the screen was not hit or damaged in any way.

You will need contact support at 1 800 SAMSUNG *********** to set up in home service.

Thanks i was hoping it could be reset but it don`t look that way... have a good day...

Your welcome and thank you for using JA.