TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 1 yr old flat screen LG 32" TV will not pick up a signal…

Customer Question
My 1 yr old flat...
My 1 yr old flat screen LG 32" TV will not pick up a signal from my 2 yr. old Toshiba laptop. It did pick this up previously but suddenly does not. I have tried setting the input at both HDMI1 & HDMI2. The COAX cable is new and both ends plugged in tight. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/6/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Edwin,

1. Ensure the TV is set to the correct HDMI input source.

2. Try using a different HDMI cable.

3. Ensure you have turned on the "external display output" on the laptop.

4. Test the laptop on a different TV to check if it is definitely outputting a signal ok.

5. Test a different input device on the TV (e.g. a DVD player) to check that it is receiving a HDMI signal ok.

-------------------------------------------------------

Reply back and let me know how you get on, or if you need any further assistance?

Pete.

How do you turn on "external display output". I do not recall ever using such a command and this computer and this TV did work together previously. Also, the HDMI cable is nearly new and in perfect condition and tightly plugged in.

It is usually the Fn+F5 buttons, however the exact method can depend on which laptop model you have.

Let me know the model number if you are unable to find the correct command.

Pete.

Toshiba model:: Sattellite Radius P55W-B5318

On the P55W-B5318, the command is Fn+F4

I cannot just wait forever to have you call, just cancel the entire inquiry and do not charge my credit card, this has been a total failure.

Edwin, your payment for the call did not go through, so I am unable to make the call, sorry.

Please check with your payment method.

Pete.

Did you try pressing Fn and F4 buttons together on the laptop when it is connected to the TV?

Have you carried out the other tests I mentioned?

I tried FN and F4 and no result change. Let's end this and do not charge me.

I am a user of this site just like you.
I have no control over the billing.

Let me know how the other tests worked out for you.

Pete.

Hi Edwin, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?