TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I thnk I have wired wrong. I set p tv 48 inch but no

Customer Question
I thnk I have wired...
I thnk I have wired wrong . I set p tv 48 inch but no channels set
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/6/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Billy and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed? ...or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?

satelite reciever (dish)N5-48042ONA16

And the model number of the satellite receiver please?

VIP722K DISH

Apologies for the delay; Internet was down.

How have you tried connecting the Dish Network ViP722k to the TV please?

And can you please re-check the Insignia's model number?

AV JACKS ARE THREE IN NUMBER. RED TO RED (TOP JACK) OF TV,.
WHITE TO WHITE, AND YELLOW TO BOT***** ***** JACKiNSIGNIA MODEL NUMBER IS *****

Appreciate the additional information.

Perhaps an Insignia NS-48D420NA16 rather than a N5-48042ONA16.

Still, yes the use of the yellow + red & white RCA-to-RCA cables from the ViP722k to the AV IN jacks of the TV should work. The TV's green jack is commonly used by COMPONENT and COMPOSITE video.

Using the INPUT button of the TV, have you tried selecting AV ?

I JUST TRIED THE AV SETTING AND I HAVE ONE CHANNEL BUT THAT IS ALL. i GET EXCITED UNTIL I TRIED TO CHANGE CHANNELS.
I THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORT ANYWAY BYE

Thank you for your kind understanding, Internet still down if not sluggish.

That the "...AV SETTING...HAVE ONE CHANNEL..." would mean that the connection from the satellite receiver to the TV is correct and good. The issue now is the satellite receiver's reception. Have you tried a re-scan of the available satellite TV channels using the ViP722k's remote/MENU?