TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio 55 in. Model E551va and, the antenna on back…

Customer Question
I have a Vizio 55...
I have a Vizio 55 in. Model E551va and, the antenna jack on back of tv is loose. How do I tighten it back up.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Antenna jack is part of Tuner box mounted on main board of TV, it needs very good desoldering work to take off tuner box off of main board to look inside tuner box for possible fix like soldering the antenna jack etc then again good soldering work is required to put the tuner back on main board. Easy way is to replace entire main board of TV which wouldn't require soldering work. Get the part number off of label pasted on main board in TV and search/ google it to get price and stock info to order it.

An alternate way is to get external tuner box (known as digital to analog TV converter box), connect it to AV or HDMI input of TV and use the builtin tuner of that box to keep watching local channels, this way you wont need to do any repair work with TV and converter box would be available around $40-50 from local electronics store.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician