TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have th standby light and lamp light flashing

Customer Question
i have th standby light and lamp light flashing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/4/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

2- Any idea, how old is the TV and was the old lamp broke/ shattered?

Thanks.

hls6187wx/xaa i think is about 8 years old.

Thanks, ***** ***** replace the lamp in TV?

If so, what prompted you to get it replaced?

i just replaced it because the tv has be broken before and i assumed (not good) that was the problem

Thanks for the info.

As it is mentioned in initial question, lamp and standby lights are flashing which is an error code that indicates the lamp door sensor switch isn't closed and possible reason is either lamp cover/ door isn't placed back on TV or sensor switch is broken.

Please make sure the lamp cover/ door is placed back on TV securely and tight, turn On the TV and check.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Shahid.

is the door directly behind the lamp?

No, its the cover of lamp housing that you removed as first thing on TV to replace the lamp.

now just the lamp light is flashing
sorry said something to soon. all the lights are flashing

OK, all three lights flashing indicate several issues but mostly indicates bad lamp.

Where did you get new lamp from and what was the price?

I guess replacement lamp would be off of ebay or amazon that cost around $40 or so?

projector lamp world it was about 50

OK, please return the lamp to supplier and ask for better quality lamp OR buy original replacement lamp directly from Samsung Parts, click the link to view price info and to order it..

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BP96-01472A-PHI.aspx?model=HLS6187WX/XAA

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

the lamp i purchased isnt going to work?

Yes, because TV is telling us with all three flashing light that this lamp is bad.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.