TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Is have and big old toshiba 2006 and my roku unit is hooked…

Customer Question
Hi is have and big...
Hi is have and big old toshiba 2006 and my roku unit is hooked up to it, yesterday day the tv now displays HDCM something not authorized and they Roku guya says it the tv... I took the Roku to another tv in the house and it works...whats up...the roku has been running fine on this tv for 5 months until yesterday
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/4/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and Roku box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, connect another HDMI cable, replug power cords back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Please reply here and do not open new/ duplicate question that would cost you more money.

Thanks.

I did what you said, unplugged both roku and tv and let 13 min pass plugged back in and turn on roku and tv and still the same...I was advised by roku last night to do the sames with the same results...I have unplugged everything including the hmdl cord and all other things that go into the tv and roku...same...

Sorry to hear that, did you try another HDMI cable as requested in previous reply?

as stated in the beginning I did use another HDMI cable still no change, people are saying it the "tv notshakinghands with roku

That's correct, it is HDMI handshake problem (communication data issue) and mostly it resolved if use high speed HDMI cable having version 1.4 or higher. Please get the HDMI cable from other TV that works fine with this Roku box and try that cable on this Toshiba TV.

If problem persist then I'm sorry it seems HDMI processor chip mounted on main board of Toshiba TV has got internal issue and causing the error message, replacement of main board in this TV will help to resolve the problem. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

I used the same cable on both tv ,,,,,so good by,,, no help

I wish there was an easy or quick fix for the problem in your TV but it ended up on hardware related issue that needs defective board replacement and I gave you all related info that will help.

Thanks.