TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I own an Insignia 32" LED TV. When I tried to watch a show…

Customer Question
I own an Insignia 32"...
I own an Insignia 32" LED TV. When I tried to watch a show today, a message box came up which said, "No signal. Press Input on your remote control. Then select the device you want to view. Make sure the device is turned on." This has happened before, and I have just pushed the Input button and everything was OK. Today nothing happens when I press Inpute. I can choose to watch a DVD, and it works. But I want to watch TV, and it won't work. What can I do to stop this message from coming up? -Ava Merryfield ***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/4/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, If you're getting no signal when you try to watch TV (and have switched the Input), then it means that the Cable Box needs to be rebooted, or the HDMI cable between the box and TV has failed (since this is a digital connection and can dropout without warning.

If you have not already done this, please shut the TV off, then reboot the cable box by disconnecting it from power and plugging it back in. Check that the HDMI cable (if applicable) is connected securely on both ends and when the box reboots- turn the TV on and check the Input selections again.

Let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Letme know if you need further help once you're able to see my reply.