TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Vizio will not give me full picture. I have a dark area

Customer Question
above and below the picture...
My Vizio will not give me full picture. I have a dark area above and below the picture. How can I correct this. I use to have a full screen.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/4/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

You are referring to black bars top and bottom?not just a dark area?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
black bars

The problem is usually a conflict between any box you are using and the TV so begin with the TV remote if you have a zoom button try that first then

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None of this worked

Right

Have a look in the TV settings menu for aspect ratio or format and change this to 16:9

Do the same in the settings menu of the box and change that to 16:9

The way it is both the box and TV are in wrong formats when they both should be in 16:9

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Television is set for 16 9 don't see any way to change the box

OK get me the model number of the box please found on the back or front of the box and I will find out

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cis

No it will be longer than that please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cisco explorer 8642hdc

Did you press the # (hash) key on the box remote?you need to continually press that key to stretch zoom the pic

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That shows stretch in all directions but does not stretch the screen

You need to try another input like a DVD player or bluray if that is good (I guess it will be) then you need to swap the box as the software has gone bad in the box, please call your provider

Let me know if you need more help

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician