Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

My t v will not come on and the blue indicator light just

Customer Question

my t v will not come on and the blue indicator light just keeps blinking. I have Direct t v and I was told it was not a direct t v problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi Deborah and welcome

The flashing LED sequence in this instance points to a problem with one of the following boards: PSU, X-Sus, Y-Sus or SDRs (there are two SDR boards, SDR-U and SDR-D, both are connected off of the Y-Sus board on the left hand side of the frame when rear facing). The set shuts down to prevent further damage to other boards or components.

I want you to start by doing the following please

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I need to buy a new t v
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Deborah

It is one of the board I have discussed that has faulted. To test you would need a multimedia and a bit of electrical experience in order to see which one has faulted and needs changing. You do not need a whole TV just the board replaced, though it can be more expensive then the value of the TV, so if you decide to have it tested, get a price first as depending on which board and labor costs, it can be in the long run cheaper to purchase a replacement TV, if it is not under warranty

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the new response is the same instructions I received the first time no further service is required thank you and have a good day
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You missed my message, your looking at the old one,

I will repeat it

Thanks Deborah

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to make sure my debit card will not have any charges as I didn't sign up for one of your packages
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Well, there is the once off charge Deborah which you paid for my service with... This is a paid support desk. But it is only a once off payment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for not charging please remove my card information thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You have already been charged for the service.... you made the deposit when you made the question..

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much is the once off charge
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I cannot see, you see it now though, the question value listed here. I am just an engineer who provides the service such as the one I provided to you