Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have no red color on my 67” Samsung DLP TV. I assumed the

Customer Question

Hi, I have no red color on my 67” Samsung DLP TV. I assumed the red LED was bad so I purchased a new BP07-00029A. I installed the new one but no change. I assume the new LED is DOA. I tested it with a battery right out of the bag and it did not light. Also, when I enter the TV into service mode I am see Current to red LED – 0. I tested the red and white wires feeding the LED and I get the proper 16V. Would you agree that my replacement led is also bad?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. One easy way to test if the Red LED is bad is to put it into the Green or Blue slot to see if it will light as well. The battery test generally works fine, but you would need at least 9 volts to get the LED to light dimly.

Also, is there no red on any source you're viewing on the TV? What is connected to it and using what type of cabling?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI to Directv, also menu screens show no red
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay I understand. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a component video cabling issue. Now, what size battery did you use to measure the Red LED and where are you receiving these replacements from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9V..... replacements are hard to come by, found this one on Ebay but I suspect the seller knew it was bad. Looks like he has one remaining and is charging $659.00. He sold me this one at $159. When they were available they sold for $40 - $100.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Just to be sure that the battery is not too low to power this particular LED and to conclude that this one is indeed bad, can you try swapping it into the green or blue LED's slot and see if ti will light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do, I'll swap them out and get back to you, I'll try it now.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay that sounds good.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any luck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, as expected, the Green LED works in the red slot but the red LED does not work in the green slot.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, good test. As you likely could tell this would mean the Red LED chip is bad and you would want to setup a return with the seller, and/or find an alternative source for the Red LED.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea where I can get the LED?
I cannot find the specs or datasheet for the Samsung part # ***** I cannot compare with available Luminus products.
Would you know if any of these LED's part #’s are a suitable replacement?
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Luminus-Devices/CBT-120-R-C11-HM101/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsuj5tdPuAId4Oyrj%2fA%252bL%2fRV8e5KJYOqa0%3dhttp://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Luminus-Devices/CBT-120-R-C11-HK101/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsuj5tdPuAId4Oyrj%2fA%252bL%2fRYruq7iDfRhA%3dhttp://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Luminus-Devices/CBT-120-R-C11-HJ100/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsuj5tdPuAId4Oyrj%2fA%252bL%2fRPBKhS2W2jhg%3d
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I would have no way of being able to cross reference that unfortunately. You could try using the part number off of the original LED module and searching that way. Have you tried that yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no part #'s on the LED's just what appears to be an item # ***** every LED has a different item #. Can't find any info on these #'s. Hate to junk this set for a stupid bulb.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I understand. Unfortunately I don't have any sources other than what you can also find. Simply Googling the model number of the TV and red LED. Let me check Shop Jimmy, as they are for sure out of stock- but usually have a part number of some sort.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I actually found one in stock through Encompass Parts below that matches the part number you listed:

https://www.encompassparts.com/item/7806544/Samsung/BP07-00029A/Led_Display-red

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I go to that link it says (In-Stock - NO)
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Ugh. Okay I saw "Vendor Purchase Order-YES", but then it says no longer available. That's confusing.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm just Googling that part number, other than what comes up- I don't have any other intimate sources for the part. However, Samsung Parts shows 4-6 weeks (Nationwide Backorder) for the part:

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BP07-00029A.aspx

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?