Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung HTL5075sx dlp tv in which I thought needed

Customer Question

I have a Samsung HTL5075sx dlp tv in which I thought needed a new DMD board. However after replacing the lamp which works, the ballast, and the DMD board the the lamp will not light unless I bridge a connection on the plug that goes from the DMD board to the ballast. The color wheel spins up to the rpm it is supposed to so now I have no idea what else to diagnose. The only light on the front that is active is the Lamp light that blinks green for about 45 sec and then repeats the process
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Donald,

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Check that the fans are working correctly.

If a fan that cools the lamp is not working then the Lamp light will blink.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fans work fine
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi Donald,

Have you checked capacitors on power supply board of TV and did you find any leaky/ bulged/ swollen capacitors on power board?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of the capacitors seem to be bad, I have tested the DC coming into the ballast and it's at 324
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I understand, there are few other supplies on power board, did you test those volts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't know that no I didn't not
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, power supply board provides 16V, 6V, 12V and standby 5V supplies. Please check these volts to confirm they are available and constant.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How exactly am I suppose to check these
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I test these
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You can check these volts at connector CN811 of power supply board as pin configuration would be stamped near the connector for expected volts on each pin of connector.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a diagram that says which leads specifically to test?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sure, please find attached picture of CN811 connector pin configuration which will help to check volts for each pin.