TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Lg 42" tv. with remote control when turning on the tv, the…

Customer Question
lg 42" tv. with...
lg 42" tv. with remote control when turning on the tv, the little red light on the tv turns green, blinking green continuously
tv remains dark no picture/sound. sometimes after 7 blinks, tv goes on with picture and sound, or recently after after 14 blinks tv turns on.
Now, continuous blinking and the tv remains off, without picture/sound.
What to do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/3/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

2- Any idea how old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

Thanks.

model # *****
probably 2005-6, maybe 10 years old
problem for 4 months or so

Thanks for the info, this kind of problem occurs due to failing capacitors on power supply board of TV, a common cause, and replacement of bad capacitors on power supply board will help to resolve the problem. Please click following link to get repair kit (consist of required capacitors) if you are repairing the TV yourself..

http://www.amazon.com/Repair-LG-37LC7D-Monitor-Capacitors/dp/B0050K0T88

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.