Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am working on a sharp aquos LC60LE00U tv It turns on,

Customer Question

I am working on a sharp aquos LC60LE00U tv It turns on, screen blips and then turns itself off a second later.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the center inverted V light comes on then turns off a moment later i got this tv knowing it didnt work, hoping i can fix it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,my name Jack

I will try to assist you the best i can through this medium.

Not a fast typist (but a fully qualified tech. though) so please be patient with my response time or very possible typos

A question on this ;

Is that inverted V blinking ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it stays on white, solid, while its on. It looks like when the backlight turns on momentarily, the bottom left corner (as you are looking at it) of the screen doesn't get lit up.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then your TV has a power board problem , How do you want to proceed from here ?
Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found it, its a bad LED that is causing it to not turn on.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello again

Not sure what happened above but that reply was meant for someone else

Did you say "bad LED " ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no longer need your services, thank you. The edge-lit LED strip has a bad LED in it that is causing the TV to not turn on.Thank you.