TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 46" Samsung TV, but am not sure of the model

Customer Question
number. It came with...
I have a 46" Samsung TV, but am not sure of the model number. It came with a glass base that was approximately 20" X 11". Today, the base literally shattered (almost exploded). There is still some base remaining, but the TV is now leaning due to lack of sufficient support. Is this a problem that has happened previously? What do you suggest for replacement?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/2/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

Yes, we have seen these type of stands fail before. Your best option is to get a "universal stand" because the original is no longer available. There are many styles of universal stands, here are some:

CLICK HERE TO SEE UNIVERSAL STAND

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help with this, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?