Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I've got an older (2000, 2001) Panasonic LCD TV in which the

Customer Question

Hi! I've got an older (2000, 2001) Panasonic LCD TV in which the video went out. I've gotten many years out of the TV, but I'm not sure whether it's worth repairing.
Anyway, the TV's been off since last night. I turned it on (like I always do) with my satellite system and audio receiver. The power light on the front of the TV is blue (which means on), but the screen is black. I turned it off, then back on, and no change. I also un-plugged the TV from the back of the TV, and plugged it back in, and still black.
Since it's an older set, and if it might be a relatively easy "fix," I'd like to have it repaired. Just by my description, is there any way to know what the problem might be, and if it's worth taking it to a repair show? Thanks for any opinions.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are you saying you can't get anything on the screen- even the Panasonic's native MENU's?