TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Rod, I had an older Sharp Aquos that I sold to a neighbor…

Customer Question
Hi Rod, I had an older...
Hi Rod,
I had an older Sharp Aquos that I sold to a neighbor model # ***** The TV has always been great but when he hooked it up to Direct TV, he doesn't get any sound. This particular model had side speakers that always functioned when I had it hooked up to my standard cable box. Do we need to reset something?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/2/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the sound

Let me know how this works out please thank you, if it works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar (usually consisting of stars at the top of the page) that will be with this post thanks again.

Regards

Anthony