Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My toshiba Cy-90325 won't turn on. Any suggestions?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

CY-90325 is remote control number.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
23L 1350U
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Does power indicator light on TV turn On or flash when press power button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens when the power button is pressed. The TV seems "dead". The power outlet works, the other devices are on and working, but the tv will not turn on.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, there are two suspected circuit boards in TV for this symptoms, either power supply board isn't providing volts OR main board has got internal failure. It needs further troubleshooting with multimeter to determine what board is bad to get it replaced. If standby 5V DC is available at power supply board when TV power cord is plugged in then main board will be defective and should be replaced to resolve the problem.

If no standby volts available then power board is bad. It needs to get the part number off of required board to search/ google it to get price info to order it. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Understood. One issue -- in the back of the TV, we can't seem to unplug the power cord. Not the cable wires, just the plug in the center of the back of the TV. Is there something special that we need to do to unplug it? Or should we just pull very very hard? I don't want to break it. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Power supply cord actually plugged directly on power supply board so it needs to remove back cover off of TV carefully to access to power cord on power board in TV.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.