TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Panasonic Viera TC-L50E60 LCD HDTV purchased in 2013 On the…

Customer Question
Panasonic Viera TC-L50E60 LCD HDTV...
Panasonic Viera TC-L50E60 LCD HDTV purchased in 2013
On the back of the set alongside the RCA jacks for components, is a spot labeled AVI, which seems to have a small screw inserted in it. An associate at Best Buy said that is a headphone jack that will support audio out to a Bluetooth transmitter. Is that correct? Should the screw be removed, or will the set be damaged by doing so? The owner's manual does not mention that jack, or even show it clearly, although the diagram does have the label, AVI IN.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/1/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, I'm sorry you received that information fro the sales person at Best Buy. She is mistaken- the "AV1 In" (not AVI) is simply labeling the 5 color coded RCA jacks for the component video input, and the screw simply supports the mainboard in the TV to the rear panel .

The TV has two audio outs (AV1 is not one of them), they are the Optical connection, and the HDMI ARC jack.

If you're looking to simply connect a BlueTooth audio transmitter to the set to pair with an external device like Headphones or a BT enabled speaker, then you will be using the Optical port on the TV, as well as a converter.

The converter connects to the "Digital Audio Out" port on the TV using an Optical cable, with the other end of the Optical cable plugging into the converter. On the converter you will then have an 1/8" stereo analog out and a pair of stereo RCA audio outs with which you can use either to connect to your BlueTooth transmitter.

The converter that is needed is at the link below, along with the optical cable needed (assuming you already have a BlueTooth audio transmitter- those are all you will need):

Converter:

http://wholesale.parts-express.com/smsl-sd-192-pro-dac-s-pdif-optical-coaxial-input--230-230

Optical cable:

http://wholesale.parts-express.com/premium-optical-cable-with-toslink-connectors-6-ft--181-044

If however you do not already have a BT transmitter then that would also need to be purchased, and is at the link below:

http://wholesale.parts-express.com/avantree-saturn-wireless-bluetooth-receiver-and-transmitter-featuring-aptx-codec--320-359

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.