Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Message on my tv screen about a new software is available.

Customer Question

message on my tv screen about a new software is available. Would you like to update now? Show details update now update later. cannot get it off screen. Talked to Dish network and did everything they could think of, and decided it was the tv, not dish.?????
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, You need to use the Sony remote to update the TV. Have you done that yet?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Since the update message would be generated by the TV, the TV's native remote would be needed to OK the update. However that is assuming the TV is connected to the Network and this isn't a software glitch of some sort. Give that a shot and also please reply back with the full model number off of the back of the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the sony remote and it does nothing to get the message off the screen. how do I see if it is a network problem
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Model Number off the back of the TV please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is really late here. can continue tomorrow. ok
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay no problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I give you three stars. ok
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

There's no rating on the page yet. If you'd like to click a rating, it's the stars on the top of the page. I can continue with you tomorrow if you'd like even once you've rated.